The World of Andoria
RELIGION IN THE WORLD OF ANDORIA
There are four religious beliefs in Andoria. A character may choose to worship The Three Sisters, The Elemental Lords, The Old Ways, or you can choose to be Agnostic. You gain special abilities based on the religious beliefs you follow.
The Three Sister and the Brother
If you choose to worship the Three Sisters, the angels watch over you, protect you from harm, and even help you on your quests. You gain 3 Fate tokens starting at 1st level that can be used each level in the following ways:
- You may spend a Fate Token to automatically skill check or saving throw.
- You may spend a Fate Token to automatically Succeed and Critical on an Attack.
- You may spend a Fate Token to take another full turn.
- You may spend a Fate Token to gain Resistance to one damage type of your choice for 24 hours.
- You may spend a Fate Token, during a short or long rest, to regain used spell slots. You may regain up to 10 levels of spell slots in any combination.
- If you die, you may spend a Fate Token to stay alive. You remain unconscious and at 0 hit points.
Only one fate point may be spent per turn. Once you gain a new level your Fate points reset to 3. If you have unused Fate points, they are lost. You are required to uphold the tenets of The Three Sisters. If you go against the tenets too often, you will lose all fate points until you atone for your sins. If you wish, you may choose one of the Three Sisters as a Patron and follow her specific tenets instead of the General Tenets.
The Elemental Lords
If you choose to worship the Elemental Lords, choose one of the Lords as a patron. You may choose Awry, Nyfrio, Ufel, or Baw.
Depending on which Elemental Lord you choose as a patron, you gain a resistance and a +1 bonus to an ability score associated with the Patron. You receive these bonuses as long as you follow the Tenets of your Patron. If you go against your patron’s Tenets too often you will lose the bonuses until you atone.
The Old Ways
The Old Ways are a set of laws between the Races and the Spirits of the world. These laws were set forth by the All-Father after the fall of the Titans. If you choose to follow the Old Ways you gain a Spirit Animal that aids you in your adventures. Your Spirit Animal acts as a Familiar per the rules in Find Familiar. Choose a Spirit Animal from the list below.
Your Spirit Animal also has an inherent boon. When you select the Spirit Animal, select one boon from the list of spirit boons below. Once you choose your Spirit Animal and its boon, the choice cannot be changed. If your Spirit Animal is killed, it will return within one week.
Spirit Animal Boons
- Boon of Bonding: The Character can always perceive through the Spirit Animal’s senses, if they are on the same plane, regardless of distance.
- Boon of Direction: The Spirit Animal allows you to use your bonus action to target an ally within 15 feet. The target can immediately use its reaction to move 15 feet.
- Boon of Life: Allies within 5 feet of the Spirit Animal have advantage on death saving throws.
- Boon of Rituals: While within 15 feet of the Spirit Animal, any ritual cast by the character takes only half the listed time to cast.
- Boon of Travel: Both the Spirit Animal and character gain an additional 10 feet of movement.
- Boon of Vigilance: Enemies within 15 feet of the Spirit Animal do not benefit from half cover.
- Boon of Vitality: Allies within 15 feet of the Spirit Animal may roll their hit die twice and use either result when recovering hit points during a short or long rest.
Old Ways Domains
If you choose to be agnostic, you still know that the Three Sisters and other Outsiders are real and that they provide their followers with real power. As an Agnostic, you simply do not follow the religious practices of any religion. This is both an advantage and a disadvantage for you.
You gain advantage on all saving throws versus divine spells and Resistance to all divine damage spells. However, the gods and outsiders are reluctant to aid you. For any beneficial divine spell, you must make a Wisdom saving throw, with disadvantage. If you succeed on the saving throw, the spell affects you as normal.
For example, if a cleric casts a Cure wounds on you, you must make a Wisdom saving throw, with disadvantage against the cleric Spell Casting DC. If you fail on the saving throw, you do not gain the benefits of the spell.
You also can never cast Divine Spells or select classes or archetypes that grant Divine spells or abilities. If you are unsure if a class or archetype is restricted to Agnostics, speak with the DM.
The titans are all but dead or destroyed. A few of the Titans live on, unconscious in the Planes, but none of the Great titans are active at the moment. Very few people worship the Titans anymore since they do not provide the power that the other Gods/Outsiders provide.
For Completeness here is the list of Domains the Titans once controlled.
Return to Main Page